Tourist Dies After Swallowing Car Keys at Barcelona Supermarket

Store security kicked him out while he was choking because they couldn’t understand him.

A Dutch tourist has died in Spain after choking on his car keys.

The bizarre incident happened shortly after 10 PM on Thursday in Barcelona, when the 37-year-old man entered a supermarket on Riera de Cassoles avenue “in an evident state of excitement and causing altercations”, 20 Minutos reported.

But staff reportedly could not understand him and called the police, while security guards restrained him and threw him out for causing a commotion.

The Urbana patrol began resuscitation maneuvers, which were later continued by health workers from the Sistema d’Emergències Mèdiques (SEM), who succeeded in making the man eject the key from his throat .

The health workers stabilized the man and transferred him to the Sant Pau Hospital, where he died at 2.15 am this Friday.

The man was on vacation with his family and they were staying in an accommodation near the supermarket, and sources from the Barcelona City Council have indicated that the council has already spoken with the relatives and offered them the support of social services, and has also contacted with the Dutch consulate.


Homeless man in wheelchair shot outside South Los Angeles McDonald’s

Bakery shamed for ‘sick’ Johnny Depp v. Amber Heard pastry: ‘That’s not ok’

Nicole Kidman excluded from Tom Cruise’s career montage at Cannes Film Festival

The rise of the modern day ‘Peeping Tom’: How creeps are stealing nude images off phones