International Cat Day 2021: The day is set aside to raise awareness about cats and celebrate the bond between humans and their feline friends.
International Cat Day 2021 is celebrated on August 8 every year.
The official “custodian” of the International Cat Day is the organisation, International Cat Care. According to its official website, the theme of the day, this year is “Be Cat Curious- Training for Cats and their Humans”.
According to the organisation, the theme was chosen in light of data that revealed as many as 95% of cat owners needed advice on how to train their cat. Additionally, at least half of the cat parents said that they even struggled to get their cat into the cat carrier.
Here are some effective ways to celebrate the day:
- Visit the nearest cat shelter and volunteer
- Adopt a stray cat from a local shelter or rescue
- Spend quality time with your cat by indulging in a fun photoshoot or game session
- Take your cat for a grooming session
- Treat your cat to its favourite snacks