Benjamin Mendy from Manchester City footballer charged with rape

Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy charged with four counts of rape

Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy has been charged with rape and sexual assault, police have said.

The 27-year-old, who also plays for the French national team, is due to appear in court on Friday charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault, a spokesman for Cheshire Police said.

The force said the charges relate to three complainants, over the age of 16, and are alleged to have happened between October last year and this month.

In a statement, Cheshire Constabulary said: “The charges relate to three complainants over the age of 16 and are alleged to have taken place between October 2020 and August 2021.”

Manchester Cty confirmed the 27 year old has been suspended pending an investigation.

The club said in a statement: “The matter is subject to a legal process and the Club is therefore unable to make further comment until that process is complete.”Advertisement

Man City spent a reported £49.2m signing the left-back player from Monaco in 2017. He last played for the club on 15 August, during their 1-0 defeat against Tottenham.


Homeless man in wheelchair shot outside South Los Angeles McDonald’s

Bakery shamed for ‘sick’ Johnny Depp v. Amber Heard pastry: ‘That’s not ok’

Nicole Kidman excluded from Tom Cruise’s career montage at Cannes Film Festival

The rise of the modern day ‘Peeping Tom’: How creeps are stealing nude images off phones